Roadmap for Mathematical Success 2020
Creating a Vision for Teaching Intensive Math Content with
Who should attend? District Leaders, Building Leaders, K-6 Math Teachers and Intervention Specialists
This class focuses on how to map out and successfully teach the content of mathematics through practical ideas that can be implemented in your classroom tomorrow. You will love the routines, games and “hands on” materials that Kim uses. Her workshops are fast-paced and filled with practicality.
Kim Sutton will share her model for covering the content
and needed scaffolding skills to lead to the application of mathematics. She
gives you a foundation for the operations and place value that starts in your
primary classroom and continues through 5th grade.
Kim will use her four-part model for effective instruction; focus activities for all levels, drills to thrill, whole class lessons and small group instruction. Throughout the workshop, Kim will share wonderful management and math ideas! Kim has created new lessons for this class that span the grades K-5 with great music (Kim will share the research behind using music in the classroom), exciting literature and “hands on” math ideas.
Kim has created a powerful program that will strengthen
and guide your teaching for math fluency for grades K-5. In this class, Kim has
worked hard to go deeper with each concept so you will leave the workshop with
a clear vision of how to fit it all in and address all levels of learners.
About the Speaker:
Kim Sutton is a fabulous presenter, who has taught thousands of teachers the joy and excitement of hands-on math. Kim’s teaching experience includes over 30 years of classroom teaching, time as a regional math specialist and as a university instructor. Kim has worked with over 1000 districts nationally and internationally as a staff development consultant. Kim has a Master’s degree in Mathematics Education and has been the keynote speaker for state and regional math conferences. Kim has produced many wonderful math games and tools and is the author of 18 titles, as well as the creator of the 10 Block Schedule for Math Fact Fluency program for grades K-6. Experience what others have learned—Kim Sutton is a dynamic, extraordinary educator whose enthusiasm and love for teaching are contagious! She gives you practical, easy to implement information and ideas that you will use for years. Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to be thrilled, challenged, and energized!
What You Will Learn:
• New focus activities that pack “mathematical power” into five minutes.
• How to create the ideal plan for basic fact fluency.
• Great songs from Ron Brown that you cannot pass up.
• Important Literature titles that invite mathematics into your classroom.
• New strategies that lead to computational success through whole class lessons.
• Ways to weave in data analysis and practice part to whole relationships.
• How to make workstations viable in your classroom for all grade levels for small group instruction.
• Games that students beg for throughout the year!
• Creating the road map for success with easy to use tools.
• What are the non-negotiables that must
happen at every grade level!
What You Will Receive:
• Powerful handout with nothing but practical ideas!
• An extensive toolkit of tools we will construct as we learn about math content.
• An action-packed three days!
participants will need scissors (NOT shareable), markers like Crayola, scotch
tape, stapler and an individual hole punch!