The South Point Middle School Community Learning Center was developed through collaboration between Gallia-Vinton Educational Service Center, South Point Local Schools, and community partners to serve South Point Middle School students and their families. The program title is South Point Middle School P.A.C. (Pointers’ Afterschool Club). In addition to the before and after school student program, there will also be parent/family programs scheduled throughout the year at South Point Middle School.
The Community Learning Center of South Point Local Schools is housed in the South Point Middle School building.
An array of enrichment programs will promote social development and academic success for students, as well as provide opportunities for families to engage in meaningful activities. The scope of supervised activities may include:
- tutoring services
- literacy and math education programs
- art, music, dance, theater, other cultural education activities
- science and technology education programs
- expanded library hours
- drug and violence prevention programs
- wrap-around services
- sports, games and recreational activities
- problem-solving skills
- service learning activities
- family events and activities
- career exploration activities